Reach the students who need it the most with high-impact test preparation.
About the Opportunity
MasteryPrep is assembling a team of engaging Instructors who can deliver high-quality virtual instruction to one of the largest school districts in the United States over an 8-week period. In this rewarding opportunity, Instructors will teach our mastery-based ACT curriculum. No prior test-prep experience is required, and minimal teacher prep-time is needed. Initial training and ongoing support from our team of Instructional Coaches will provide the ideal candidate with all the tools and support needed for success.
- Successfully complete a 4-day (paid) Training-for-Hire to certify as a MasteryPrep Virtual Instructor
- Successfully complete a 3-day (paid) project-specific training to prepare for this targeted teaching engagement
- Teach a minimum of 4 hours/day on a block schedule (alternating weeks of T/TH and M/W/F classes) for 6 weeks
- Complete post-class data tracking activities (e.g. attendance, uploading session statistics, class reporting)
- Respond to all MasteryPrep communications in a timely manner
- Attend in-service meetings and coaching sessions as needed
Position: Independent Contractor
Pay: $37.50 per instructional hour
- Inc. 5000 four years in a row
- Entrepreneur 360 company
- 2020 Louisiana Growth Leader
- #1 provider of ACT preparation (prep >5% of all U.S. test takers)
MasteryPrep’s mission is to level the playing field in education by offering the most effective test preparation available. We believe that the best way to serve our customers is by creating a diverse team of people from different backgrounds, races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and experiences.
The team we are building must be aligned to our Core Values:
- Go pro. Or go home. Get better than the best.
- Do right. Period.
- Make it happen. Excuses never built anything.
- Make it awesome. There is no equality without quality.
- Customers are forever. This company is for them.
- Positive Attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- An internet connection that supports streaming video with a minimum up/down speed of 1mpbs upload and 10mbps download
- A web camera and ability to present in a professional way from your computer
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to receive and implement instructional feedback
- Deep belief in the potential of all students and a deep commitment to helping students reach their full potential
- Respect for individuals' diverse experiences and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Virtual Presentation and/or Teaching Experience preferred but not required
- Test Prep experience preferred but not required
- This position does NOT require a teaching certification