Do you have an unrelenting commitment and passion to help others achieve their physical, mental and emotional health goals? Does the idea of choosing your own hours, working from home, and earning money by attracting and sustaining the interest and engagement of employees around the world in the process of health improvement sound like a rewarding and interesting challenge?
If you answered yes to these questions, then serving as a Behavior Change Specialist Health Coach at LifeDojo may the perfect opportunity for you.
LifeDojo coaches are person-centered, resourceful, personable, and know that treating end-users as one would treat a friend, rather than a patient or client, is the key to helping people ambivalent about or intimidated by making a change in their life. This role would serve to support, guide and encourage workplace employees through a series of 12-week health improvement journeys. The role also includes serving as an effective concierge and referrer to more in-depth, clinical healthcare interventions as are needed to best serve each client. The ultimate goal is to help each individual develop physical, mental and emotional habits that last for years to come.
The LifeDojo coaching role is "on-demand", meaning your workload and hours are dependent on the number of clients that choose you as a coach. LifeDojo is a comprehensive online program giving employees the motivation, information, and tools they need to succeed. The coach is the glue that brings it together, and the support person that is there to help each person set up their life to succeed in creating new habits that last. LifeDojo coaches interact with users via phone coaching sessions and online chat depending on the preference of the client. LifeDojo Coaches are independent contractors who choose their own hours, methods, and approaches, and LifeDojo supports them through our platform.
For this role, LifeDojo is seeking coaches that are able to provide at least 5 hours per week to the role, and as many as 20 hours is welcome. This role is ideal for coaches that like the idea of building their client base and hours over time, and enjoy the opportunity to earn significant bonuses for keeping end-users engaged in their journeys of self-improvement. Health coaches support clients in all four of our program areas: Mastering Stress, Science of Happiness, Fit for Life, and Healthy Eating.Essential Functions:
An initial, optional paid orientation will be offered to all coaches that are approved and activated for the role. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Support LifeDojo users via weekly chats and check-ins throughout their 12-week programs
- Engage in coaching calls with LifeDojo users, supporting their individual habit goals
- Communicate with LifeDojo Coach Support team as needed for app-related issues or bugs, and general LifeDojo related queries
- Collect and share habit related resources with LifeDojo users, as needed
At least 2 years experience as a health coach, therapist, counselor, or related role (3 years if self employed)
- Excellent communication, writing and grammar skills in English
- Empathy, energy, and thoughtfulness
- Excellent listener, curious
- Persistent, flexible, and resilient
- Adept at utilizing technology tools on the web and mobile
- An appreciation of the difference between science and fad
Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- A quiet, private, distraction-free home office work environment
- A reliable high-speed internet connection (cable, DSL, or fiber) with speeds of at least 10Mbps download and 5Mbps upload. Most positions will require that you be hard-wired to your internet access and Wi-Fi will be disabled. Traveling with your computer is not allowed unless travel is required for the position.
- Discipline to work from home while following a set schedule
- Background check clearance
Notice to candidates: Protecting Against Recruiting Scams
In recent years, online recruitment scams have increased in frequency, impacting both applicants and employers. To help protect yourself against potential scammers, please note the following recruitment practices employed by Ontrak Health:
- Ontrak Health requires that applicants apply directly through the career portal on our Careers website before any interviews take place. This website is a location where applicants can securely complete an online application, upload a resume, and answer a few general questions.
- Ontrak Health screens applicants through a combination of over-the-phone and video.
- Ontrak Health will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process. Likewise, we will never send checks to applicants to secure a job or cover expenses for a home office, either as an employee or contractor.
- Ontrak Health will not request an applicant to share sensitive personal information, such as a government identification number, over the phone or by email until a formal written offer letter is signed by the applicant.