PermiaCare is a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) and part of the community mental healthcare system in Texas providing a comprehensive array of services to persons experiencing mental illnesses, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and chemical dependency. We deliver high quality services to over 10,000 individuals in eight counties in West Texas.
PermiaCare is looking to employ a full-time or part-time Psychiatrist to provide psychiatric services to the chronically mentally ill clients by performing psychiatric evaluations, competency evaluations, medication maintenance and monitoring, hospital consultations, crisis intervention, and documentation. Facilitate Medicaid eligibility determination. The Psychiatrist will make referrals for, coordinate, and monitor the delivery of, Medicaid services. This position is also responsible for administrative and clinical duties related to the position of Medical Director. Salary range is $180,000 - $250,000 DOE.
PermiaCare offers a friendly, flexible work environment and will accommodate telepsychiatry. Successful candidates must have a current unrestricted license to practice in Texas or graduated from an accredited Physician Assistant or Advance Practice Nurse school. At least one-year experience in the prescription of psychotropic medications in a clinical setting is preferred. Applicants will be subject to a background check.
· Makes referrals for, coordinate, and monitor the delivery of, Medicaid services
- Helps patients by evaluating medical and psychosocial conditions.
- Develops and implements treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications.
- Monitors and evaluates treatment results.
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; and ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Maintains accurate documentation of services rendered
- Supervise lower level practitioners and perform other Medical Director duties
PermiaCare knows that quality healthcare is important to maintaining a healthy life and providing proper care for your family. Health insurance through BCBS is provided at no cost to each full-time employee at PermiaCare, with the ability to purchase coverage for family. Dental, vision and AFLAC offerings are available through payroll deductions for any PermiaCare employee for themselves and their family. Generous Retirement, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Long Term Disability and Workers Compensation benefits are also covered by the agency.
For additional information and to apply, go to www.permiacare.org and click on Employment. For questions, contact the Human Resources Department at 432-570-3322.
PermiaCare is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability or medical condition, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, and all other categories protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $180,000.00 - $250,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
staff and patients must wear a mask
- Medical License (Required)
- Multiple locations
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place