Hiring Range: Varies. Refer to Athletic Coach Pay spreadsheet.
This position is physically located in central Pennsylvania. This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Provide leadership, training, and guidance to student athletes.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 2 years experience.*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above.
- Valid drivers license.
- Required to be compliant with PA Child Protective Service Laws. For additional information, please visit https://hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm
- The Equipment You'll Need:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment while working remotely.
Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
Job Specific Task List:
1. Coach student athletes in skill development.
2. Foster team cohesion and organization.
3. Provide tools and teach skills that cultivate well-rounded student development within and outside of athletic programs.
4. Organize and lead practices and games.
5. Coordinate travel to and from games.
6. Actively recruit student athletes within HACC and from the community.
7. Develop and nurture student, community, and alumni relationships.
8. Coordinate team fundraising efforts. 9. Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Essential duties are 1 - 8 above. - (Essential)
Job Type: Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week: up to 20 hours per week
Stipend: up to $5500
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Jun 27, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time