Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) sets the standard for cleanroom contamination monitoring. With more than 60 patents, we create the technology that enables our customers to make fact-based decisions, improve process yields and comply with ever-changing regulatory requirements.
The Associate Product Line Manager assists in the support and management of aspects of the assigned product line(s) and reports to the Global Product Line Manger. The key activity is to support our customers and sales personnel with expertise in the assigned products. This involves not only supporting the current installed base but assisting the Product Manager in developing product offerings, application details, marketing and development strategies for the assigned products. This is done in collaboration with the Sales, Marketing Communication and Engineering departments. This person is a champion for the products and act as the voice of the customer to the internal development product teams and the company.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Supporting customers and Sales personnel with technical issues is a key aspect of this role
- Providing product expertise inside the organization and to customers
- Provides application expertise in the use of assigned products
- Assisting in promotion of the product line and supporting the sales cycle
- Help identifying target and key customers and how to approach the sales process
- Assisting in the creation of Marketing and Sales materials
- Assist the Product Line Manager in facilitating product improvements and offering enhancements
- Support creation and maintenance of Product Roadmaps and lifecycles (direction, priorities, timing)
- Learn Product Positioning and Branding for the product range
- Investigate pricing strategy for profitability, market competiveness and ability to gain market share
- Assist in working with the sales and marketing communication department to develop the (regional) sales and marketing strategy
- Participate in the preparation of the product strategic and operational marketing plan dovetailing with LS marketing / business plan.
- Support existing installed base with product expertise and application knowledge.
- Identify product functions, features and benefits for assigned product in the development process
- Participate in VOC gathering for assigned product lines
- Initial product field testing and product launch
- Support of sales personnel in the selling process and installation of assigned products
- Monitor and report product line performance indicators (e.g. profit, margins, On Time Delivery, Quality Metrics ,..) and report into the division. Work on internal improvement programs where needed.
- Closely work with the LS Product Marketing organization to facilitate them in working with QA, Engineering and all Boulder based functions for procedures and activities
In conjunction with working with the Product Manager you will assist in providing Engineering development to ensure the following deliverables:
- Understanding the marketplace and customer needs to drive customer centric product development -
- Support of developing product requirements documents
- Assist in Product launch programs
- Participate in monitoring and report product line performance indicators (e.g. profit, margins, On Time Delivery, Quality Metrics ,..) and report into the division. Drive internal improvement programs where needed
- Assist in the development of marketing collateral (brochures, spec sheets, presentations, etc) and technical materials, in conjunction with marketing communication department.
- Provide advanced level trainings to the field sales & customers
- Selected interactions with customers during the sales cycle
- Presence of the supported Product Lines at international and regional events product and application relevant information
- Other duties as assigned
- Developing the technical skills to support a product range with the target of being able to move into an full PLM role
- Train sales support personnel as they are added for global support
- Degree in Microbiology, Engineering, or Science based discipline required
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a related role such as product support, sales or marketing. Knowledge in Controls Systems, or supporting Software, Hardware or Services products a plus
- Desire for the next step in your career to be a Technical Marketing-focused role.
- Sales skills-understanding of sales cycle- building partnerships, follow up, and stepwise enhancement of customer relations.
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing market (GMP), know how on concepts of sterility assurance, GMP, validation approaches and regulatory background but not required.
- Solid verbal and writing English skills
- Ability to present in front of large groups
- Ability to lead training sessions for sales, applications and customers.
- Ability to travel 25% domestically and internationally to support global sales efforts
The Nuts and Bolts
Location - This position can be remote. This position would require travel to our Boulder, CO office periodically throughout the year.
2022 Benefits At-a-Glance
Our benefit package is provided through our parent company, Spectris.
- Health Advocate - This confidential service can help you; your spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law resolve health care and insurance-related issues, manage chronic conditions and improve your health and well-being.
- Dental - Delta Dental PPO; DeltaCare USA
- Vision - VSP Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Onsite Wellness Clinic - Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations.
$58100 - $89240 / year depending upon experience
How we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we try to make competitive offers between the minimum and around the midpoint of the range. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant's level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same function.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer