The Research Assistant utilizes qualitative and quantitative research methods and analytical skills to assist senior staff in conducting a variety of research projects for government, non-profit, commercial and academic clients. The research assistant performs data entry, coding, and management tasks to assist in the flow of the project. This entry-level position offers an opportunity to develop research and analytical skills.
- Follow the research plan thoroughly, accurately and thoughtfully to ensure quality research outcomes and findings. Ability to work in a fast paced and team-oriented environment where high stakes recommendations and decisions are made based on the results of our work.
- Perform data entry, data coding and data management tasks. Assist with primary data collection efforts and analysis, as well as analyses of secondary data sources.
- Conduct literature and document reviews; present a synthesis of these findings to team members.
- Assist senior staff with the development of data collection instruments: interview and focus group protocols, surveys, and screening tools to identify eligible research participants.
- Assist senior staff in performing analyses of quantitative and qualitative studies
- Contribute to report writing, development of data visualization, formatting and copy editing.
- Document the procedures and methods used, carefully follow the research protocol and take precautionary steps to protect integrity of the data.
- Assist with the preparation of peer-reviewed journal articles and presentations for national and international conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field of study (Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Public Health, etc.)
- 0-2 years of research experience
- Ability to utilize SPSS, STATA , NVivo or similar analytical software
- Proficient in MS office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of research terminology and understanding of the research process
- Excellent written and oral communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills, work ethic and customer service orientation
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
EurekaFacts, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Research Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location