UI/UX Product Manager
At Dama Financial, we’re bringing financial inclusion to an industry that is defining our decade – cannabis. We’ve spent the past 3 years building products that now serve as the building blocks to an entire financial framework for businesses in the underserved cannabis industry.
An overview of the problem we’re tackling.
With limited access to financial services, about 70 percent of all cannabis-related businesses (CRBs) use cash for all their transactions. Cash-intensive operations and lack of banking and payment solutions put the CRBs in fundamental disadvantage. With cannabis sales expected to reach $75 billion by 2030, CRBs need to establish a reliable financial framework to thrive. Dama Financial was founded by Fintech entrepreneurs that have a proven track record of successfully leveraging modern technology to provide financial inclusion to historically unbanked categories.
Our unique positioning enables us to deliver.
Dama Financial, through its bank partners, provides CRBs with access to transparent and sustainable banking and payment solutions. By building a digital banking and payment infrastructure with an embedded data driven compliance platform, Dama exceeds the compliance and regulatory requirements for servicing CRBs, bringing efficiency to the rapidly growing cannabis industry. Dama’s comprehensive and compliant financial framework offers CRBs the option to maintain cashless operations, reducing their exposure to security risks while improving their business efficiencies and operational focus.
Creating as a team and growing as a team.
Dama Financial is looking for a UI/UX product manager to join our product team. Product Managers are the key drivers of product success and adoption by the clients, consumers and partners. They drive the vision & strategy of the product line and its delivery and execution across the organization. The UI/UX Product Manager will have the responsibility to help define the best-in-class User Experience cross Dama’s product lines ranging from digital banking to payment and business services. We’re seeking hungry self-starters to join our team of optimistic problem solvers. We believe that success is driven by a combination of passion and curiosity. Together, both fuel rapid innovation, a required component to leading the market with best-in-class offerings. If you identify with our mission and have what it takes to add value to our organization, submit your resume today.
What you’ll do:
- Help to define the overall strategy for UI/UX, the roadmap, and business plan to achieve a best-in-class User Experience to supports our overall goals and strategy.
- Work with clients and partners and stakeholders to better understand customer needs and identify and address accessibility and usability issues.
- Create prototypes that showcase multiple design concepts quickly, with an acute understanding of what customer and business problems they solve.
- Scope requests and level of effort, spec UI/UX features that outlining the business/customer needs, requirements, user stories, and success criteria.
- Work with development team closely and help develop processes for delivery and testing.
- Help unify the user experience cross multiple properties and products and establish brand guidelines, style guides, and code-based design systems.
Who you are:
- Self-starter and customer obsessed problem solver. Willing to go extra miles to know as much as you can about the audiences you are designing for and make design decisions based on their needs.
- Able to keep track of multiple projects at once. Adaptable and welcome changes. Ability to handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way.
- Proficiency with current design and collaboration tools (Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc) and a strong desire to always learn more about them.
- A Bachelor's Degree or Higher in UX Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors and Ergonomics, Computer Science (particularly with a focus on UI engineering),
- 2+ years of product management experience working on UX or UI features on a professional software team
- A portfolio which demonstrates strong understanding of User Experience Design including but not limited to: user flows, information architecture, journey mapping, wireframes and high-fidelity designs.
Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; possess skills to work independently or in a group setting; Flexible personality, as needs change depending on needs of the organization; can influence a large span of relationships and levels; general business office environment.
Due to the nature of financial systems, you will be required to pass a background check.
- Generous PTO
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
We are following all CDC guidelines as outlined. Remote and in office work is acceptable.
- UX Design, Figma, Sketch, Invision: 2 years (Preferred)
- Human-Computer Interaction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Human Factors and Ergonomics,: 2 years (Preferred)
- Computer Science: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote