Do you love to create delight through design and attention to detail? Are you a MacGyver who always finds a way to get it done? If so, then we invite you to apply to AutoCamp to join our adventure.
AutoCamp, the leader in the outdoor hospitality segment, is seeking a senior, experienced, and results-oriented Director of Land Acquisitions to drive expedited and efficient growth. This critical role will lead new transactions holistically from sourcing, contracting, through entitlements, to closing. The Director will lead a team of external consultants and internal stakeholders and partners to expeditiously advance each project through the development process. This role will report directly to the SVP of Acquisitions and Development.
AutoCamp is a lifestyle hotel brand that is changing the way people experience the great outdoors. We provide an upscale, hassle-free, and comfortable experience in the world's top outdoor destinations – we call it Outdoor Hospitality.
Sound good? We'd love to hear from you. Be sure to attach both a resume and a cover letter telling us about your relevant experience and salary requirements. Please Note: Resumes submitted without a cover letter will be crumpled up and used as campfire kindling.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Research, locate and hunt down properties in key markets that are suitable for the AC business model.
- Lead the fact-finding process for potential targets and partner with internal teams as needed
- Create and maintain a database of all suitable properties.
- Develop relationships with owners, brokers, and key influencers in assigned target markets to initiate offers.
- Regularly visit target acquisition areas and evaluate their suitability for the business model based on established acquisition criteria.
- Work closely with and provide all of the pertinent information to the underwriting team in order to assess feasibility of target properties.
- Negotiate, document, and execute Letters of Intent and Purchase Agreements with property owners.
- Conduct thorough property due diligence and contact government agencies / make information requests as needed.
- Source, initiate and manage RFP process with local consultants and vendors.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously in varying degrees of progress and completion.
- Work with local planning/zoning officials local communities to secure all required permits and approvals for new site acquisition.
- Create and manage pursuit and due diligence budgets.
- Manage the entire acquisitions process from sourcing through full entitlements to closing by working with different teams within the organization, outside contractors, land owners, and governing agencies.
- Work with analyst team to create an understanding of the parameters to use in structuring Purchase Agreements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the zoning and approval processes in key markets and oversee outside consultants to conduct land use viability review.
- Manage and conduct well organized site visits and market tours.
- Manage and conduct regular inter-departmental meetings providing updates on progress of individual projects.
- Prepare and present Investment Committee Memorandums to Leadership and partners for new acquisitions opportunities.
- Grow land pipeline necessary to meet the team business plan goals.
- Establish strong relationships with external sellers (banks, brokers, builders, owners)
- Create a positive, motivating, and challenging work environment to promote a productivity team culture.
- Build strong relationships with internal departments such as: Revenue Management,, Marketing, Construction, Design, and Finance.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business is required (Finance/Economics, Engineering, Real Estate, Planning, Government Relations or related field)
- 6+ years of proven land acquisition transaction experience
- 4+ years of proven management experience of small to medium-sized teams
- Demonstrated leader within hospitality industry or related industry
- Must maintain California Bureau of Real Estate, Real Estate Salesperson license.
The right person will have:
- Understands outdoor lodging market and industry trends
- Ability to connect with people, and develop and maintain professional relationships
- Action oriented, with the drive to push purchases to successful closure
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating teams, employee development, and being results oriented
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively
- Proven ability to lead and execute effective training sessions or conduct strong oral presentations
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Makes quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data and/or metrics
- A passion for hospitality and the great outdoors
- Strong relationship and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and follow projects through to completion
- Extensive sales experience and outgoing personality
- Working knowledge of Cloud Based Applications; knowledge of Google Suite products preferred
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Must be a MacGyver, able to find creative solutions when issues arise, with limited resources
- Ability and willingness to travel, primarily domestically, up to 75% of the time
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance required