Please note: A limited number of remote Instructor job opportunities may be available. If you are interested in becoming an Instructor at an Elite Prep branch location, please complete the "Instructor" job application.
ABOUT ELITE PREP
Elite Educational Institute has been helping students achieve their academic goals since 1987, and it's our people that make us the best in the business. Elite staff and instructors are motivated, genuine, enthusiastic individuals who share a sincere passion for education. We serve more than 30,000 students each year at 50+ learning centers across the globe.
ABOUT THE JOB
Elite Prep is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a gift for teaching to help motivated and ambitious students in grades 5-12 reach their full academic potential.
Opportunities may be available for instructors to work in other areas at Elite Prep, including counseling, management, marketing, and beyond.
Elite provides instructors with job training and comprehensive lesson plans from our own curriculum for many programs. Instructors are not required to create their own lesson materials or find their own students.
Requirements for employment:
- Bachelor's degree (completed)
- Strong background in relevant subjects
- Prior teaching/tutoring experience is preferred
Ideal candidates for the position will display:
- In-depth knowledge of subject matter
- A dynamic and engaging teaching style
- A proactive personality type with a knack for innovation and creative thinking
- Effective communication skills
- An enthusiasm for learning
- Patience, sincerity, and compassion
Please note that a full background check will be conducted on all employees prior to hire.
Applicants can expect to teach and/or tutor individual students, small groups, and classes of up to 25 students. Teachers will be assigned academic subjects, test prep courses, and counseling duties according to their strengths. They will plan classes around provided class material, handle attendance and other academic record keeping, complete student evaluations, be consulted about curriculum design, and attend faculty meetings and workshops.
- Assist high school students in the mastery of relevant subjects
- Teach daily lessons according to Elite curriculum
- Instruct multiple students in a small-group tutoring or classroom setting (class sizes range from 5-25 students)
- Monitor and record student progress
- Offer creative solutions to problems, both inside and outside of the classroom
COMPENSATION & PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment is on a part-time basis. Compensation is commensurate with experience.