Senior Manager Quality Management
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 23330
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates.
With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
The Quality Management department’s mission is to ensure that MTS has documented and integrated standards and processes, it uses process compliance audits to drive actively continuous improvement by using the PDCA technique. The department secures that MTS releases products that meet the established quality metrics along the entire lifecycle of the products including development, operations, sales, deployment, and support.
Up to 20%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and execute the strategy for Quality Management and create the adequate organizational structure capable of delivering on the aforementioned job overview.
- Provide a healthy work environment, both physical as well as psychological for your workforce.
- Lead, promote and facilitate the business unit’s quality certifications (e.g. ISO 9001:2018)
- Ensure that all critical business QA gates – related to the initiation, development, release, and commercialization of products – are followed and adjust as needed by changing business requirements.
- Evaluate and maintain the effectiveness of the quality management system through internal and external audits, corrective and preventative actions and quality planning.
- Facilitate warranty analysis and problem resolutions for the development, support, and operations – the Juhin process.
- Ensure the capacity to execute product inspections and to define an efficient strategy for it to have a healthy quality-cost balance.
- Development, planning and implementation of MTS Engineering Juhin roadmaps, strategic plans and annual goals/objectives of the department and teams within QA.
- Oversee the quality teams and projects including day-to-day management (people, budget), progress towards roadmaps and compliance with training and all MTS business policies.
- Support sales and commercial activities, working with the regional service and sales teams to create solutions and support CI activities related to Juhins.
- Oversee the targeted hiring and ongoing training of staff within QA to ensure teams have the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve business objectives.
- Define and implement processes for development and operations of MTS solutions as they relate to our ISO9001:2018 documentation. Monitor the effectiveness of the process and associated process documentation, suggest, and collaborate to apply continuous improvements for improved productivity.
- Collaborate with other MTS divisions, via process improvement activities, to align development, testing, quality, deployment, and support processes to improve efficiency and eliminate waste (muda).
- Create audit plans, quality related metrics for the Engineering team and report them in a defined cadence via the monthly business review, Monthly QA meeting, and the monthly operational report (consolidated and engineering specific). Drive change via the established metrics and continuous follow-up with the corresponding leaders.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Administration or at least 10 years’ experience in the industry.
- Experience in mining applications and field experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of ISO9001:2018 or above as it relates to internal policies and processes.
- Good understanding of Lean and Agile methodologies, and DevOps processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential with an ability to communicate and negotiate with customers, and to accept and adopt a competent responsible attitude.
- At least 5 years of quality management leadership experience is required.
- Basic knowledge of the processes for engineering development including automation technologies, analytics, hardware design and software development.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.