SUMMARY: The Secondary Grade Band 9-12 Instructional Teacher is a highly qualified, certified educator responsible for delivering specific course content in an online environment. This role provides an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships, a rigorous curriculum along, and a data-driven and student-centered instructional model.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Implements instructional strategies that stimulate learning and increase student engagement;
- Creates instructional resources to meet the varying needs of students;
- Takes ownership for student’s academic progress and attendance, communicating high expectations and showing active interest in student’s achievement;
- Prepares students for high stakes standardized tests;
- Analyzes student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed;
- Participates in data analysis meetings to monitor student growth;
- Open and available to being coached on a regular basis by administrators and instructional coaches;
- Adapts course content according to prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools;
- Submits grades and required student work ensuring student academic honesty and integrity.
- Organizes social and educational activities for students and families, including sponsorship of virtual clubs, outings, marketing events or other extracurricular activities as required;
- Travels to testing sites to proctor state exams;
- Participates in committees as required.
Other Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Student Management Roles:
- Refer students in a timely matter to all support systems as needed
- Maintain contact with Family Support Liaison for student referrals
- Provide data to content academic teachers as needed
- Provide students with synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities
- Follow protocol for creating / updating Canvas modules
- Administer student assessments with fidelity and according to procedures on behalf of general education teachers as needed
- Manage documentation on instruction provided outside of classes
- Instructional research and planning
- Collect and review data to adjust instruction
- Review feedback from observations and implement suggestions for improvement
- Ensure all assessments are complete
- Keep grades updated in Canvas/Infinite Campus
- Provide timely feedback to students on all assignments
- Provide LC/Parent with professional and timely communication
- Read and respond to all emails within 24 hours (1 business day)
- Update the Infinite Campus contact log the same day a communication contact is made with a family
- Schedule conferences with families as needed
- Attend and/or provide documentation for all student specific meetings (IE: IEP/SST/RTI/504/EL)
- Attend and actively participate in all required professional meetings (DDI, Staff, Department, PLC, Content Planning, Professional Development F2F and Virtual)
- Attend BOY & EOY student outings (district-wide)
- Attend a minimum of three (3) Parent University Sessions
- Actively support the collaboration of colleagues in teaching partnership, team, content area, grade level, school band, and district
- Complete all required trainings
- Participate in EOG/EOC Assignment
- Comply with all written policies and procedures in employee, district, and other GCA handbooks
- Stay logged on to Zoom during working hours
- Complete all TKES platform tasks and responsibilities during assigned timeframe
- Collaborates with parents and colleagues to manage course goals and enhance students’ learning experience
- Actively participates in Professional Learning Communities (or professional development)
- Hosting live synchronous sessions that promote a positive learning environment
- Establishes and maintains positive rapport with families and regularly communicates with students and learning coaches/parents on an ongoing regular basis
- Understands the diverse and unique characteristics of students and their families impact required support
- Works collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully progressing through the program and that parents have a central point of contact
- Responds to students, parents, and colleagues in a timely manner
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leaders to meet goals, welcomes new-comers, and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Professionalism: Be professional at all times in communications, appearance, work product, and in representing Georgia Cyber Academy in a positive manner.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education AND
- Two (2) years of experience teaching in grades 9-12 OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- GA PSC Education Certificate in required content area for grades 9-12
- Gifted certification or endorsement for all Honors and Advanced Placement instructional positions, if applicable
- Advanced Placement (APSI) training for all Advanced Placement instructional positions, if applicable
- desired TKES/LKES credentialed
- Meet requirements for Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT)
- Clear Fingerprint/Background Check Required
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of Federal, State, District and other applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures related to assigned activities and applicable duties
- Pedagogical knowledge of content being taught and ability to apply critical thinking
- Knowledge of state content standards and ability to align those with the curriculum
- Ability to communicate well with school personnel, parents, students, and district office staff while complying with the confidentiality requirements in local, state, and federal policies
- Ability to display a professional attitude in working with school personnel and parents
- Must be able to manage large volumes of paperwork and maintain adequate records
- Proficient knowledge of computers, online curriculums/tools, and various operating systems.
- Experience using search engines (internet) for research projects
- Desire to research and learn new technology skills and platforms
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact positively with school leadership, teachers, administrators, and support staff
- Must be an advocate for virtual learning and believe in the mission of Georgia Cyber Academy
- Ability to read and interpret student academic data and educational reports
- Familiarity with online learning environment
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Project, Visio, OneNote, and G-Suite.
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
- Ability to manage competing priorities with attention to deadlines
- Strong critical thinking, planning, and writing skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate and communicate effectively within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects within established deadlines
- Dependable, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to ensure excellent student outcomes
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Excellent organization skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Maintain a professional home office without distraction during 8-5 workday when working from home
- Consistent access to reliable high-speed internet
- Valid driver’s license and availability of private transportation
- Ability to travel 25% of the time as required
- Advanced Degree in Education, Course Content, Psychology, or related field of study
- Gifted, ESOL, or SE certifications or endorsements
- Advanced Placement (APSI) certificate
- TKES/LKES credentialed
- Proficient/Advanced data analysis skills
- Three (3) years of experience working in a similar capacity
- Google Certifications
- Proficient/Advanced G Suite for Education skills
- Proficient/Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Excel, OneNote
- Experience using NWEA MAP, Illuminate DnA, WriteScore, FLVS Global, Edgenuity, Discovery Education, Bright Thinker, ExactPath, USA Test Prep, Learn Zillon, BrainPOP, Nearpod, etc.
- Experience with Securly
- Experience with CLEVER
- Proficient/Advanced experience with Infinite Campus (SIS)
- Proficient/Advanced experience with Canvas (LMS)
- Working knowledge of Jigsaw Interactive (live classroom tool)
- Proficient/Advanced in use of Zoom conferencing tool
- Three (3) years virtual educational environment experience
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Previous experience as a Learning Coach, Advisor, or Teacher at Georgia Cyber Academy
- Previous experience as an online educator or service provider
- Previous experience with online educational tools/curriculum/assessments
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is primarily a Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, 5 days/week, home-based position that may require traveling up to 25% of the time.
- During critical periods, in-office days may be required. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
- In-person attendance at professional development, training, conferences, job fairs, meetings, school events, marketing events, and testing sites will be required several times per year.
- Light lifting required.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Georgia Teaching Certification (Required)
- Multiple locations