At Pentair, you will work along-side passionate problem-solvers who are committed to the future and are focused on creating a healthier world for all. With approximately 11,250 global employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, we work to help improve lives and the environment around the world. We bring water to life!
As a Pentair employee, you would enjoy a wide array of benefit options to help keep you and your family healthy and protected, a generous 401(k) and ESPP to help you save for retirement, plus paid time off and wellness programs to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
We have an opportunity for a Commodity Manager to join our Cary, NC team. You will manage global supplier relationships to ensure strategic alignment and sustainability and oversee suppliers to continuously improve quality, delivery, and price to support supply chain operations. You will also develop the Electrical & Electronics global sourcing strategy, develop new suppliers, identify, and drive productivity, mitigate supply chain risks, network with Pentair’s Global sites to build a strong project funnel, and support new product development. The Commodity Manager will also be responsible for driving material cost downs, supplier terms improvement, and collaborating with other internal functions to meet customer requirements. This role will report to the Global Electrical & Electronics Commodity Leader.
- Partner with key stakeholders to create and deploy global sourcing strategy to drive world class Electrical & Electronics supply chain performance, align supply chain commodities and strategy to objectives for sustaining production, new product development & introduction, and research & development activities.
- Create and manage strategic supplier partnerships to ensure continuous performance expectations are met and year over year productivity targets are achieved by conducting proper supplier management techniques.
- Lead key negotiations and contract development, support strategic sourcing and VAVE initiatives and drive project implementations with functional groups and suppliers.
- Early engage in NPD development phase, identify, and mitigate supply chain risks, meet target costs, and support new product launch on time.
- Understand the Electrical & Electronics market and (PCBAs, Cables, Wires, Switches) supplier base thoroughly, work closely with engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet technical capabilities, cost, and business objectives.
- Build partnerships and develop relationships with key Electrical & Electronics market and (PCBAs, Cables, Wires, Switches), function as Subject Matter Expert for Electrical & Electronics and manufacturing processes in both the technical aspects and overall industry knowledge.
- Work with Engineering to align Electrical & Electronics Strategic sourcing roadmaps to long term sourcing strategies.
- Proactively manage supply chain risk at Tier1/2/3 level and product EOL to ensure supply chain continuity
- Conduct and lead business reviews with key suppliers.
- Develop and lead Electrical & Electronics supplier roadmap and mitigate inflationary risk & secure supply
- Execute strategic supply agreement on ensuring supply continuity, establish a strategic approved vendor program for key components.
- Lead RFQ and quote analysis, supplier auctions, evaluates vendors' capability, quality, reliability, and price competitiveness.
- Keep current on commodity market, cost drivers and economic outlook to guide strategy, perform data analysis on commodity spend, supplier performance and market intelligence.
- Develop and implement long-term commodity strategies to lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and offer world class customer service to key stakeholders, Make vs. Buy analysis.
- Oversee suppliers to continuously improve quality, cost, delivery, and service to support supply chain operations.
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree in business or engineering related field
- Have 5+ years sourcing experiences with considerable understanding of procurement concepts, principles, and practices
- Have 5+ years of strong commodity management and strategic sourcing experience in Electrical & Electronics and direct experience in developing & executing Electrical & Electronics strategy
- Demonstrates experience and results in negotiating with suppliers on master supply agreements, inventory agreements etc.
- Have sense of urgency and be a self-directed leader, excels in a team environment, engage cross functional teams to deliver results.
- Excellent communication/analytical skills and project management skills
- Strong negotiation skills, experience in developing and negotiating supplier legal agreements
- Practical experience working in ERP or other business planning system
- *Be able to travel up 20 - 40% of time.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory
Location: Cary, NC
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location