Seeking HFC Technology Expert
This is an exciting time to be in broadband as more than ever, it plays a larger role in connecting the world across the convergence of the cable, wireless, and telecommunications industries. As an HFC Technology Expert, you will be the definitive source of knowledge and expertise in technical subject areas pertaining to the broadband industries. You will be responsible for the technical completeness and accuracy of the training content that you will write. By collaborating with and being part of a versatile team of education professionals you will first plan, then execute the writing of subject matter that will evolve into the premiere training content that adheres to NCTI’s high standards.
NCTI is a highly-collaborative, fast-paced organization recognized for its expertise to produce and deliver quality content and innovative, award-winning solutions that enrich learning and strengthen teams and organizations. We are an ideal match for the self-starter who seeks autonomy, creativity, and satisfaction in a dynamic and fun environment.
You will be an active and engaged member of the Learning & Development team comprised of outstanding professionals including Instructional Designers, Curriculum Developers, Subject Matter Experts, Technical Writers, Editors, and Multimedia Designers, led by the Senior Director of Learning & Development.
This is a full-time position.
- Course Design
- Plan, analyze, outline, and write content for specific learning initiatives including, but not limited to, addressing key content takeaways, suggesting engaging online activities, collecting videos and photos when necessary, and writing exam questions.
- Perform broadband technical and industry research and convey that research into your own words and assure detailed technical accuracy of training content.
- Outline, script, and storyboard visual aids for the training, including images, photos, videos, and animations for NCTI Multimedia Designers to create.
- Enlist/recruit additional expertise from professional contacts and manage contract subject matter experts.
- Customer/Student Support
- Assist in answering student questions about curriculum as needed.
- Participate in the design and/or bidding of special projects such as helping to create custom career paths for customers.
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed, e.g., new computer applications, curriculum assessment, and development.
- Write Blogs, white papers, and position papers.
- Articulate your thoughts clearly in written and spoken word.
- Minimal travel as needed to include attending seminars and trade shows as an NCTI representative and conducting seminars and Instructor-Led Training (if/when needed).
- Are a veteran of the broadband industry with field experience.
- Are an expert in HFC, DOCSIS, RFoG, and all versions of PON, outside and inside plant (headend/hub).
- Have a strong detailed knowledge and experience of current technologies and their applications for Cable and the broader telecommunications landscape.
- Are an expert in what, how, and why technicians do what they do.
- Are an advocate of effective online learning and its value in learning.
- Are passionate about broadband and excited to share your expertise for the continued advancement of broadband communications worldwide.
Bonus Skills You Might Possess:
- Creative – Can look at a project and find alternatives.
- Flexible – Can change course if needed.
- Cutting Edge – Not limited by what is out there today; rather, constantly looking for what is, or could be, next.
- Collaborative – Collaborates with customers, vendors, and other team members as content creation is iterative – continually refined and revised.
- Professional – Possesses personal ethics, performs quality work, and maintains a positive attitude.
- Aligned with NCTI’s Mission-To improve the lives of our students through purposeful learning experiences that positively impact the people and companies we serve. And our Why-Everyone should have the opportunity to prosper.
- Experienced – Five or more years training, writing, or writing training curriculum.
- REQUIRED - Minimum two-year technical degree.
- Able to meet schedules and multiple demands.
- MS Word (Office) essential; additional experience with Excel, etc. is preferred.
- Responds well to constructive criticism.
- Completion of NCTI Master Technician program and/or SCTE technical certifications desirable.
- Knowledge or experience with instructional design or educational efforts is a plus.
- Technical writing experience helpful.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. NCTI reserves the right to add, delete, or change the responsibilities of this position at its discretion.
To learn more about NCTI, please visit www.NCTI.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- What is your degree in?
- Associate (Required)
- Hybrid Fiber/Coax: 5 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote