Resource Energy was founded in 2007 with the mission of assisting commercial real estate owners with their energy needs. Resource Energy began expanding its services to meet this real need in cities and towns across the country, with a focus on customer service and simplifying energy procurement and tenant utility billing for their clients. Today, Resource Energy operates in 45 states with a team of roughly 50 energy analysts, mechanical engineers, sales personnel, and software engineers. The company services hundreds of millions of square feet of commercial energy load, providing a diverse portfolio of properties and companies with creative and highly customized solutions to their energy needs.
The Energy Billing Analyst supports multiple clients with primary responsibility for tenant utility billing calculations. Other responsibilities include tracking energy savings, analyzing and reporting energy consumption and costs and other ad hoc services. The role encompasses a detailed and analytically driven framework revolving around energy calculations and accounting. As part of this team, an energy analyst has the unique opportunity within a dynamic environment to shape the organization’s solutions and direction.
- Energy billing calculations on behalf of our clients for electric, gas, solar, water and HVAC for tenants within our national footprint of real estate.
- Ensure the satisfaction of all clients and their tenants by providing a superior level of service.
- Responds timely to tenant/client inquiries in accordance with established Resource Energy procedures.
- Prepares client utility budgets and reforecasts and performs related variance analysis.
- Monthly maintenance of utility tariff data, and property information within our database to ensure consistency and accuracy of reporting.
- Reviews utility specific lease language, to ensure tenants are properly billed in accordance with their individual leases.
- Resolution of utility account issues with utility companies and bill processing firms.
- Participation in client requested or other internal projects to advance the mission of the organization; may include tenant metering, utility system analysis and shopping center allocation analysis.
- Energy performance reporting for clients and related analysis on usage and cost trends
- Ad hoc Reporting in response to client specific requests
- Other additional responsibilities might also include, but are not limited to: load study analysis, assisting in software development, demand response enrollment, and client presentations.
- BA/BS in Energy, Accounting, Engineering, Computer Science or similar analytical discipline preferred.
- Previous related work experience with knowledge of accounting concepts, energy calculations, or commercial real estate experience preferred.
- Proficient in using MS Excel to combine and analyze data from various sources and generate reports and graphics. Must be able to combine large volumes of data for consolidated reporting.
- Strong client service orientation with the ability to interface with all levels within our clients’ organizations
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management, project management and follow through skills
This role can be performed remotely from anywhere within the US.