Must Be A Georgia Resident
SUMMARY: The substitute teacher is a Georgia certified teacher who fills in for a full-time teacher’s absence. The person will manage student learning in line with the goals of the school.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: During the assignment, the minimum performance expectations include, but are not limited to, the following essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information.
- Reports all student discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Implements lesson plans, hosts live synchronous sessions, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner, which motivates students to learn and participate.
- Establishes and maintains positive rapport with families and regularly communicates with students and learning coaches/parents/guardians during assignment.
- Understands how both diverse and unique characteristics of students and their families impact required support.
- Works collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully mastering skills and/or standards.
- Checks mailbox of absent teacher for materials requiring immediate attention. requests clarification of school rules and procedures, if necessary.
- Responds to students, parents/guardians and colleagues in a timely manner which includes documentation in approved platforms.
- Attends and actively contributes to all required district and/or school meetings.
- Updates grades and gives timely feedback as required in appropriate platforms.
- Participates in professional development as assigned.
- Assist in data collection for identified students in Response to Intervention or Individualized Education Plan programs.
- Implement appropriate accommodations as prescribed in Section 504 plans or Individualized Education Plans.
- Completes a Substitute Teacher Report Form for the classroom teacher (Provided by Assistant Principal – Student/Teacher support)
- Complies with and supports school and state regulations and policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Administration or Lead Teacher in accordance with school/state policies and practices.
- Maintains Professionalism when communicating with stakeholders
- Is positive and supportive of GCA, its initiatives, its policies, its academic plan, and other staff members in all communications with stakeholders
- Attends IEP/SST meetings as scheduled
- Follows all rules, procedures, policies, and guidelines of GCA
- Follow chain of command
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students.
- Ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies.
- Candidate must be at least 21 years of age
- Candidate must attend New Teacher orientation/training and complete required District and state credentialing requirements (Background check, Fingerprinting)
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Teaching Certification
- Six (6) months of student teaching experience AND
- Pass required background check
Certificates and Licenses: Appropriate state teaching certification.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Proficient in use of Google for Education Tools
- Web proficiency
- Zoom conferencing proficiency
- Comfortable Teaching On-Camera/Mic
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Experience working with proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Experience working in a virtual environment
- Experience teaching in an online (virtual) and/or in a brick and mortar environment
- Experience using Canvas LMS
- Experience using Infinite Campus SIS
- Experience with Jigsaw
- Experience using online educational platforms/tools/curriculums
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $110.00 per day
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Georgia Teaching Certification (Required)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations