As the National Manager, Marine Engineering, you will lead the Major Accounts, Property & Marine, Inland Marine and Ocean Marine engineering teams. Delivering and developing our marine engineering response, and services, to our customer in the Marine, Transportation and Construction industries.
Collaborates, advises, and works with underwriting management, our broker partners, and customers on issues and implementation of strategies relative to risk assessment, risk mitigation, and profitability.
- Develops, manages, and directs team delivery of Marine Risk Engineering products and services for a combined $300m book of marine business which includes:
- Ocean Marine - MGL (primary and excess), Bumbershoot, Hull, P&I, Cargo, Project Cargo, Marine Builder's Risk, etc. and
- Inland Marine -Builder's Risk, Contractor's Equipment, Domestic Logistics, CECR, etc.
- Establishes and facilitates delivery of work standards for a remote team of 5-8 direct reports and monitors progress to ensure consistency and improvement.
- Works closely with Division Underwriting Managers, Inland Marine, Ocean Cargo, and Hull & Liabilities, to ensure the engineering team is meeting underwriting needs and expectations.
- Applies engineering judgment by acting as a technical resource to both Ocean Engineers and Inland Engineers, as needed. Provides high level Marine Engineering consultative services to Underwriting, brokers and customers. Responsibilities will include project leadership, project/plan reviews, desk-top account reviews, and comprehensive Account Reviews in accordance with applicable engineering and underwriting guidelines.
- Uses the organization's objective setting and performance evaluation process to maximize staff performance and improve efficiencies. Identifies and rewards high performers.
- Recruits, develops, and manages to create a high performing results-oriented staff.
- Employs regular coaching, mentoring and the organization's career development process to cultivate continuous technical skill-set improvement for staff as well as foster and develop talent for the company
- Coordinates with Underwriting on loss mitigation initiatives and strategies, implementing at the national level.
- Broad knowledge of Marine risk engineering and insurance operations with 10 years of experience in Inland, Ocean and related fields.
- Ability to get work done through others (delegate, influence, engage employees, etc.), communicate effectively (including listening, writing clearly, giving constructive feedback, etc.), get support for initiatives, plan/organize work, analyze and solve problems, and focus on the larger picture.
- Ability to build relationships, consult and deliver exceptional customer service as normally acquired through a bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of related experience, some of which should be in a leadership capacity with exposure to project planning and customer relationship management.
- Experience can be substituted with a graduate degree in related field and/or professional certification in one or more of the following areas: CFPS, ARM, CRM, PE or CPCU.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion