Join the fully-remote team at Teaching.com to create, develop, and deliver fun and engaging games for students and educators!
Who We Are & What We Do
We’re working to change the future of online education by building exciting products that equip students and teachers with the tools to succeed in the classroom and beyond. We’re a small, hard-working group of self-starters who are passionate about what we do and constantly seek new ways we can be better, together. We were fully-remote before COVID, and creating a healthy remote culture is a key priority for us.
As a team member at Teaching.com, you’ll get to develop a brand new product teaching young children to read through interactive lessons and mini-games. You’ll work closely with leadership, data science, marketing, and curriculum, while directly managing developers, designers, and customer success. You'll have the pleasure of learning from product management peers on our other products like the world’s largest typing software, Typing.com, and Nitro Type, the #1 educational game in the world. Everyone at Teaching.com is empowered to move quickly, make decisions, and get things done so we can continue to make learning accessible to our growing community of more than 75 million students and teachers internationally.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Reading.com is nearing the end of its MVP development cycle, after nearly two years of research and prototyping. We’re looking for someone to join, become the subject matter expert, guide the product to its launch and lead its growth efforts in the future.
We are looking for an experienced product manager who is excited by the prospect of working with leadership to define key features and guide a talented cross-functional team on the execution. You’re less concerned with patting yourself on the back for the perfect Gantt chart and more concerned with quickly and efficiently delivering value to our (future) users. The ideal candidate has experience working with data, defining app store monetization strategies, and shaping raw ideas into implementable features.
Why You May Not Like It
If you can’t imagine a product management workflow without scrum ceremonies, don't have a basic understanding of software development cycles, aren't both highly-creative and detailed-oriented, need a lot of direction, or are afraid of failing, this role may not be for you.
Skills & Background
- 3+ years of managing technical individual contributors
- 3+ years of product management experience in the mobile app space
- Passionate about leveraging empathy to understand user needs
- Comfortable having candid conversations with managers, peers and direct reports
- Flexible, well-organized and experience working in a fast-paced small company environment
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly written (as a remote company, we heavily emphasize written communication across all departments)
- Able to meet deadlines in a quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- A positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Familiarity with 37signal’s Shape Up method of product development
- Familiarity with Unity
- Familiarity with A/B testing and user surveys
- Experience working in education and/or gaming
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- Company-owned laptop
- Remote office stipend
- Flexible office hours
- Ongoing education assistance
- Annual company retreat
- Monthly meal adventure
How to Apply
Apply online via Lever
Sorry, we will not transfer or sponsor visas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We care deeply about the culture at Teaching.com and have put together a manifesto outlining our values, communication, and product management strategies. Prospective employees will learn a great deal about what it's like to work here by reviewing it.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $120,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Product Management: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- Fully Remote