At New York Life, you’re in control of your career journey. You can grow your practice with the backing of a Fortune 100 company that is a leader in the financial services industry.1 New York Life is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States2 and holds the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer in the United States.3 We proudly have more MDRT members than any other company and know what it takes to help you be successful.4
We accept candidates from the following states: NH, MA, CT, VT, ME, RI, NY, NJ & PA
What we offer...
Wide ranges of products to address clients’ needs.
With New York Life, you can offer diverse products and services to help meet your clients’ protection and financial needs. These products include: life insurance, annuities, and long term care insurance; investment products and services offered through our broker-dealer arm NYLIFE Securities LLC (member FINRA and SIPC), a Licensed Insurance Agency, and workplace solutions offered by our Business Solutions division. You can also use our sponsored marketing agreements to offer non-proprietary products to your clients, such as group health insurance. Enhance your wealth advisory practice by becoming a Financial Advisor with our investment advisory affiliate Eagle Strategies LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor.5 As a New York Life Agent, you will also have access to the company’s Advanced Planning Group for large and complex case design and support for your clients.
Flexibility to operate your practice.
With the flexibility to work in one of our 120 offices nationally or work in a detached location, New York Life provides a strong foundation for your success. Additionally, you can choose whether to market under the New York Life brand or your own business name with a DBA. You have the flexibility at New York Life to do what’s right for your practice.
Support and development opportunities to grow your practice.
New York Life will invest in you and your business from the start, with a product and developmental support team dedicated to your success that will never compete with you for sales. Leverage New York Life’s industry-leading learning platform for continuing education and specialization. Through our new Practice Model Tracks, we provide the opportunity to specialize and hone market expertise in areas such as wealth advisory6 , estate planning and business solutions. Beyond formal continuing education opportunities and subsidies for obtaining industry professional designations, New York Life offers strong peer-to-peer support options, including study groups and mentorship opportunities. You’ll also get rewarded and acknowledged with our sales incentives and professional development trips for top performing agents.
How we will compensate you.
You have the power to drive your own income with our commission-based compensation. The average income of our more than 12,000 financial professionals who sold at least one life insurance policy in 2020 was $91,351. The average income of nearly 6,000 of our Registered Reps who sold at least one life insurance policy in 2020 was $134,369.7 Benefits include medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) and pension.8
About New York Life...
As a mutual company, New York is accountable only to our policyholders. That means we are fully aligned with the interest of our clients, not with outside investors or Wall Street.9 Our focus is on delivering value to our clients. We have been in business for over 175 years, helping generations of Americans protect their families and attain their financial goals. Every year since 1854, we’ve paid dividends to eligible policyholders10. To prepare for the future, we are constantly innovating and looking ahead to find more ways to increase value for our clients.
Awards & Accolades...
We’re proud of our financial strength3
- A++ Superior (A.M. Best)
- AAA Exceptionally Strong (Fitch)
- Aaa Exceptional (Moody’s)
- AA+ Very Strong (Standard & Poor’s)
We’re proud of our position in the industry11
- Training Magazine 2021: Top Companies for Learning and Development
- Fortune Magazine 2021: New York Life ranks #1 in 2021 Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies list for Insurance: Life and Health12
We’re proud to be recognized by organizations that also value diversity11
- 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity: New York Life ranks #82 out of the 500 companies recognized
- 2021 Leading Disability Employers by National Organization on Disability (NOD)
- 2021 Best Company for Multicultural Women by Seramount
- 2021 Best Company for Dads by Seramount
- 2021 Best-of-the-Best Corporation for Diversity and Inclusion by The National Business Inclusion Consortium (NBIC)
We’re proud of the help we’ve provided and continue to provide our clients13
- 5,500,000+ lives Protected (includes all owners of individual life insurance and annuity policies)
- $5,200,000,000+ in living benefits awarded (includes life and annuity cash value accumulation and qualifying policy dividends paid)
- $910,000,000+ lifetime annuity paid (includes all payouts on individual income annuity products)
- Over 29,000 professionals hired (includes company employees along with contracted financial professionals)
New York Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
1. New York Life ranks 67 on the 2021 Fortune 500 list based on revenues of the prior year. Source Fortune Magazine, June 2021. 2. Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500 ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune magazine, 6/2/2021. For methodology, please see http://fortune.com/fortune500/. 3. Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 9/30/2021: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch (AAA), Moody's Investors Service (Aaa), Standard & Poor's (AA+). Ratings do not apply to Investment products as they are subject to market risks and will fluctuate in value. 4. New York Life agents have led the Million Dollar Round Table for 67 consecutive years. 2,283 of MDRT members are New York Life professionals. Source: MDRT, July 2021. 5. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to applicable FINRA general securities, agent state law, investment advisory licenses, compliance history, production standards, and required training. Requirements are subject to change. 6. Wealth Advisory requires affiliation as a financial advisor with Eagle Strategies LLC, A Registered Investment Advisor and a New York Life Company. 7. Based on 2020 Company data. Actual income and compensation are not guaranteed and depend on a number of factors, including the individual sales results and contract type of each agent. The historical income figures shown above do not take into account authorized expenses that can reduce the compensation payments an agent receives. 8. Certain eligibility requirements apply. Monthly payments are determined by your earnings, years of service, age, and the form of payment you choose. The company reserves the right to amend or terminate the plan at any time for any reason. 9. New York Life Insurance Company (NYLIC) is a mutual insurance company, which means it is not publicly traded and has no shareholders. References to ownership refer to NYLIC's policyowners who purchase its participating products. These policyowners share certain membership rights, such as voting in board of directors elections and being eligible to share in annual dividends that are declared by the board. NYLIC is also the parent company of two other wholly owned life insurance subsidiaries. Policies issued by these subsidiaries are not participating and do not share in these rights. 10. Dividends are not guaranteed. 11. Full list of our awards is available here: https://www.newyorklife.com/newsroom/our-awards-and-recognition. 12. Source: Fortune Magazine, 2021. Rankings are determined by a proprietary formula that weights nine criteria to create an overall score. 13. All figures reflect the consolidated results of New York Life Insurance Company (NYLIC) and its domestic insurance subsidiaries including New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation (NYLIAC) for the 12 months ending December 31, 2020.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $91,351.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
Work Location: One location