Position Title: Intern, Youth Development
Location: Remote or Washington DC
Department: Global Youth & Education: Youth Development
Hours: 15-25 Hours per Week
Compensation: At or Near DC Minimum Wage
This position will support with the global expansion of Special Olympics youth engagement, especially Innovation Grants. This position will assist with the launch of cycle 8, preparation for cycle 9 and all other projects related to the Youth Innovation Grants Initiative. This position will report to the Global Youth & Education Youth Development Specialist.
- Assist with the intake and review of Youth Innovation Grant applications and final reports
- Drive the summative write-ups for completed projects
- Support with uploading content to the Youth Innovation Grants website
- Create and maintain social media engagement of Youth Leaders on various platforms
- Collaborate with other SOIHQ regional staff to develop resources and content for the Scaling Innovation Grants project
- Create proposals for enhancing future resources/trainings shared
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Proven computer skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a group
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate culturally and professionally diverse
- Strong attention to detail
Special Olympics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.