This is a remote position. The expectation would be to have some time onsite in the first few months of hire, after which time it would be as needed for meetings.
Leads, manages and coordinates the implementation of earned, owned, and social communication planning and execution for Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD). Creates content and programs targeted to internal and external constituencies, including staff, volunteers, clinicians and other internal audiences, as well as to external audiences including patients, parents, families, development and philanthropy prospects, community partners and news media, as appropriate. Collaborating with the Director of Marketing for CHaD, the manager provides communication counsel and advice to CHaD leadership aligning with the larger strategic communications and marketing goals, priorities and visions for the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health system.
- Serves as a communications contact for CHaD managers, physicians, researchers, clinical and research leadership and other members of the CHaD team, identifying needs, making recommendations and implementing communication rollout. Provides advice on varied aspects of communications strategy and planning.
- Collaborates on the development and implementation of comprehensive and integrated communications plans for CHaD and recommends development and maintenance of channels to deliver organizational messaging.
- Responsible for content development and editing of print and electronic publications and other communications tactics such as photos and video, related to clinical delivery and research at CHaD, to be disseminated to internal and external audiences. Assists on other CHaD stories, publications, initiatives, announcements, and rollout.
- Collaborates with the D-HH Internal Communications Manager on the development of internal communications, serving as a writer and editor of key leadership communications and publications to internal audiences throughout CHaD.
- Updates and maintains contact information (emails, addresses, etc.) for internal and external stakeholders who constitute our :CHaDvocates” and supporters.
- Works with Communication & Marketing teams including Creative Productions, Digital Services, Publications, Internal Communications, Marketing, and Media Relations, as well as with D-H’s Joint Development Office to maximize the effective reach of all electronic messaging, print publications, video, and other CHaD clinical and research communications targeted to internal and external audiences.
- Researches, writes, proofreads, and edits CHaD features, informational, educational, and promotional publications including clinical services and patient support services, general health & wellness, and cancer research news.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in marketing, communications, and/or writing/journalism required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and oral and written/editing communication skills essential along with attention to detail and a working knowledge of MS office products.
- Working knowledge of web Content Management Systems and social media experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work remotely.
- Department: Communications & Publications: D-H Lebanon-MHMH
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day
- Order ID: 220000UO