Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Sr Business Analyst - Work from Home
Highly motivated professional responsible for tracking and reporting finacial investments for the organization and how the value of those investments relate to the business. This position will also advise on financial risks as well as identifying options to mitigate those risks. Additional key reponsibilities include the creating, identifying and streamlining of financial and reporting processes for the organization in order to support quick, concise communications for leadership.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Possess an understanding of how IT manages OpEx and CapEx funding and budgets
- Synthesize and analyze data from various sources (financials, project status, etc.) to provide meaningful information to management regarding key deliverables with respect to budget.
- Partners with stakeholders and cross functional teams to ensure reporting needs are met appropriately.
- Provides ad hoc analysis to support non-routine communication / budgetary requirements.
- Interacts with others on matters of importance to the department or work area.
- Provides information that supports strategic decision making by others for the area.
- Follows guidelines, methodologies and/or precedents and applies judgment as necessary.
Required Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
- Experience: 4+ yrs
- Field Of Study: Business, Finance, Business Analytics, Math/Statistics, Management or related field
Preferred Education / Experience
- Master’s degree
- 7+ years related experience
- Exceptional organizational capabilities
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Detail oriented, Highly professional and self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and on a team
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 312445
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.